Low Carb Living ~ Pecan Chicken Salad

Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Friday!! It is hard to believe that we're about to close March and move on to April -- the Accounting Secretary in me is so glad to see April on the horizon -- the rest of me wonders how this year is rocketing by so quickly.


A couple weeks ago I was out-and-about with oldest daughter and we visited a favorite little consignment shop in our area. While browsing there I found a copy of 500 Low Carb Recipes from Dana Carpender. I LOVE Dana -- follow her blog and on facebook and love her approach to low carbing. I scooped the book up and now have dozens of pages and recipes marked to try.



First up, Chicken Pecan Salad! I love chicken salad and in my catering days made tons and tons of it. This simple recipe is devine. One tip, toast your pecans to bring out all their wonderful flavor. For your carb-eating family, make wraps with high fiber tortilla wraps.

Chicken Pecan Salad
(Printable Version)

1- 1/2 c cooked chicken, diced
2 big ribs celery, diced
1/4 medium, sweet red onion, diced
1/4 c chopped pecans
1/3 c mayonnaise
Salt

Toss the chicken, celery, onion, pecans, and mayonnaise together. Salt to taste and serve. Makes 2 Servings.

Nutrients Per Serving:
5 g Carbohydrates
3 g Usable or Net Carbohydrates
24 g Protein
2 g Fiber