Oh, My DEER!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Life is interesting -- and sometimes complicated. I planned on posting this morning but this wasn't the post I had planned (I'll post that one tomorrow). This morning started out very ordinary - if the week before IRS deadline can be ordinary - it didn't take long for it to make a twist and things changed up completely. While driving into work on the highway at 65 mph, I was hit by a deer. LOTS to be thankful for -- it was early and traffic was light - the deer hit the driver's side of the car and really could have caused damaged to me and didn't - I didn't see it coming so didn't have time to do something dumb, like swerve - INSURANCE (including my sweet agent who talked me into the $500 deductible instead of the $1,000 when I purchased the car) - although the car is damaged, I was still able to drive it - a client who owns a body shop and got my car right in for the estimate (not to mention dropped me back to work when I took him the car and will deliver it back to me when he is done with the estimate). What do you have to be thankful for today?